Hello everyone! Just a quick post today – I’m on the tail end of one of the worst stomach viruses I’ve ever had in my life (yuck) so I thought I’d keep this short & sweet. Since the only things I’m really consuming right now are liquids, what better time than to share this cranberry orange detox water?
I know that “detox” is a rather polarizing word – either people love it or hate it – but as this drink is designed to flush the system, I thought it was appropriate. The benefits of drinking lemon water for digestion have long been sworn by, and I decided to add cranberries for extra detoxification and blood oranges for flavor. Cranberries are an amazing fruit – not only can they help prevent UTIs, but they’re also known to have incredible anti-inflammatory properties.
Overall, this is a drink you can feel good about. Wonderfully tasty and hydrating, plus it’s super simple + easy to make.
- 1 Blood Orange, cut into slices
- 1 Lemon, cut into slices
- Handful of Fresh Cranberries
- 2 Liters Water
- Cut orange and lemon into slices.
- Put orange, lemon, and cranberries into a pitcher and add about two liters of water. Let fruit "steep" for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in glasses with fruit, if desired.
Steep detox water overnight for maximum benefits.