breakfast + brunch/ drinks + potables/ recipes

The Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee

The Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee | Well and Full

AΒ very quick post today – I’m currently writing this from bed, out of commission from a terrible stomach bug. I’m hoping it’ll go away soon, because I have about 10,394,621,682 things to do right now. Yikes!

Today’s recipe is a spin-off of bulletproof coffee (essentially, coffee with butter and MCT oil in it). The whole point of bulletproof coffee is to get a boost of healthy fats in your morning drink, to help give you energy for your day ahead. But I decided to healthify and veganize this drink with coconut oil instead of butter. I also added my secret ingredient – almond butter – which gives it an extra boost of flavor and added creaminess. It’s a win-win! I hope you love this vegan bulletproof coffee, and that it fuels amazing things in your day!

The Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee | Well and FullThe Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee | Well and Full

The Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

This is the best vegan bulletproof coffee you'll ever have, thanks to a secret ingredient that makes it extra creamy and delicious.
Serves: 1 Big Glass, 2 Small Glasses
  • 2 Cups Strongly Brewed Coffee
  • ½ - 1 Tbs Coconut Oil, melted (to taste)
  • 1 Tbs Natural Almond Butter
  • ½ Cup Almond Milk
  1. In a blender, combine everything and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
  2. To serve iced, add ice to a glass and pour bulletproof coffee over. Enjoy!
  3. To serve hot, bring mixture to medium heat in a little pan. Right before it boils, remove from heat and pour into mugs. Enjoy!

The Best Vegan Bulletproof Coffee | Well and Full

spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on YummlyShare on RedditPrint this pageTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on FacebookEmail this to someone

Karlie
    January 3, 2017 at 11:53 am

Sarah, this sounds amazing! So creamy it can’t be bad. Sending you lots of good vibes, feel better!

January 3, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Thanks Karlie!! <3

Ashley
    January 4, 2017 at 8:32 am

Sarah, almond butter in bulletproof coffee?! This sounds amazing. I’ve been using just straight coconut oil and can’t wait to try your brilliant rendition.

p.s. Stomach bugs are the worst of the worst. Hope you feel better soonβ€”sending healing vibes! <3

January 4, 2017 at 9:43 am

Oooh yes you’ve got to try it with almond butter – it makes all the difference! πŸ˜€ And thanks girl πŸ™‚

Natalie | Feasting on Fruit
    January 4, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I need to try this. Soon! I’ve made it with coconut oil before too, but almond butter sounds even more rich and delish πŸ™‚ Gah I hope you feel better soon so the productivity and getting stuff done can commence once again!

January 5, 2017 at 9:22 am

Thanks for the healing vibes, girl!! <3

Louisa
    January 5, 2017 at 3:54 am

This looks incredible! I’ll have to try it soon πŸ™‚
    Hope you feel better!

January 5, 2017 at 9:23 am

Thanks, Louisa! <3

Maya | Spice + Sprout
    January 5, 2017 at 8:16 pm

This looks great, Sarah πŸ™‚ I often add tahini to my vegan bulletproof coffee, so I can imagine that almond butter would be amazing!

January 6, 2017 at 10:18 am

Oooh tahini sounds awesome too!! πŸ˜€

Agnes {Cashew Kitchen}
    January 7, 2017 at 5:16 am

Perfect! I’ve actually been looking for a new way of drinking my coffee, as I unwillingly have to quit my beloved oat milk because of gluten reasons. And I really really don’t like cow’s milk in my coffee – yikes! Perhaps one should just practice drinking it black but I really think that makes the coffee taste SO sour. I definitely belong to the creamy, milky kind of coffee drinkers πŸ˜‰ Once I pick up coffee again after a little break I will definitely try this!
    I hope you feel better from your stomach bug soon <3

January 7, 2017 at 10:37 am

Thanks so much Agnes! I hope you like this coffee – the almond butter makes it super creamy πŸ™‚