A very quick post today – I’m currently writing this from bed, out of commission from a terrible stomach bug. I’m hoping it’ll go away soon, because I have about 10,394,621,682 things to do right now. Yikes!
Today’s recipe is a spin-off of bulletproof coffee (essentially, coffee with butter and MCT oil in it). The whole point of bulletproof coffee is to get a boost of healthy fats in your morning drink, to help give you energy for your day ahead. But I decided to healthify and veganize this drink with coconut oil instead of butter. I also added my secret ingredient – almond butter – which gives it an extra boost of flavor and added creaminess. It’s a win-win! I hope you love this vegan bulletproof coffee, and that it fuels amazing things in your day!
- 2 Cups Strongly Brewed Coffee
- ½ - 1 Tbs Coconut Oil, melted (to taste)
- 1 Tbs Natural Almond Butter
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- In a blender, combine everything and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- To serve iced, add ice to a glass and pour bulletproof coffee over. Enjoy!
- To serve hot, bring mixture to medium heat in a little pan. Right before it boils, remove from heat and pour into mugs. Enjoy!