These Vegan Cereal Donuts w/ Strawberry Icing are the perfect healthy, vegan sweet treat! Made with whole food, plant-based ingredients.
This post was created in collaboration with One Degree Organics, a brand I’ve been working with since 2016 and have come to love and trust. All opinions are my own!
These Vegan Cereal Donuts were inspired by a trip I recently took to a new donut shop in West Hartford, CT with my fiancé. They had a donut there that was made with strawberry icing, with cereal used as sprinkles. I loved the way the crunchy cereal contrasted with the sweet icing and fluffy donut, and I knew I had to recreate something like it at home!
However, my recipe style does not usually involve deep-frying anything or using a lot of unhealthy ingredients. So I knew this would be the perfect recipe to make with the One Degree Organics Sprouted Cacao-O’s. This cereal is made with natural, plant-based ingredients like real cacao and organic oats. It’s also crazy delicious even on its own – I had to yell at my fiancé for trying to eat the box before I could test the recipe LOL!
I love working with One Degree Organics because they are a family-owned business that has so much transparency in what they do. I appreciate what they do because in addition to food blogging, I also work part-time in my dad’s family-owned business. In a world of Amazons and Walmarts, there is so much to be said for small businesses with heart. I love supporting One Degree Organics and working with their high-quality products. I feel proud to have this partnership.
All in all, I hope you love this recipe, made with the best quality ingredients. The donut itself is made with a variation of my banana bread recipe, making a sweet, cake-y donut. It tastes super delicious with the easy strawberry icing, made with real strawberries! I hope you enjoy these donuts!
Vegan Cereal Donuts w/ Strawberry Icing
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana
- 2 Tbs Almond Milk
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Organic Sugar
- 2 Tsp Almond Milk
- 1 Large Strawberry
- Handful of One Degree Organics Sprouted Cacao O's
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl, add in wet ingredients. Mix until completely incorporated, trying to have as few banana chunks as possible.
- Then, fold in the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until incorporated completely.
- In a 6-count donut pan, add in the batter evenly. Bake donuts in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- After donuts are done cooking, take them out of the oven and let them cool COMPLETELY.
- Then, make the icing. (You don't want to make the icing too soon or it will harden before the donuts cool.) In a blender or food processor, blend the strawberry and the almond milk until smooth.
- Through a fine mesh sieve, sift through the powdered sugar into a low bowl. (You don't want any clumps!) Then, add in the strawberry milk mixture, until a smooth icing is formed.
- Dip the top half of the donuts into the bowl of icing. Then, immediately sprinkle on the chocolate cereal.
- Let icing harden for a few minutes, then it's time to eat!
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)