These Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos are bursting with plant-based flavor, with roasted cauliflower and homemade pico de gallo.
Once the warm weather hits, I CRAVE Mexican and Southwest-inspired food. Gone are my huge bowls of pasta and stir-fries – bring on the salads, tacos, burritos, and fajitas. These spicy vegan cauliflower tacos are exactly the type of food I want to be eating when it’s warm – fresh, easy, and delicious.
My fiancé and I bought our first home together a few months ago, and things have been really nice here. Before, we lived in the city, and I didn’t really like it there. We lived on a busy street and there were always cars zooming by at high speed. There was trash and broken glass all over the sidewalks, and I had to get packages delivered to my parents’ house because they would get stolen from our front porch.
But now we’re happy in a smaller town, ensconced in suburbia (which sounds humdrum but I LOVE it). Our neighborhood is quiet and safe. I can take Ivy on walks down the street and the only distraction is a smile and a wave from our neighbors. I feel so incredibly lucky and privileged that we’re able to live here, and I don’t take it for granted for a single second.
Just yesterday my fiancé and I went to Home Depot and bought some plants for our gardens. I’m SO excited to finally have my own garden and to grow some beautiful plants. We’re growing a bunch of herbs and vegetables from seeds (lettuce, kale, jalapeños, red onion, basil, etc)., but I also bought a forsythia bush and some blueberry bushes. I can’t wait to plant them!!
I hope this doesn’t all sound like I’m boasting about my life. I still am fighting a serious battle right now with mental health issues, so things aren’t perfect. But after moving eight times in three years, I am SO grateful and happy to finally be putting down roots.
Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- Drizzle Neutral Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
Pico de Gallo
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Small Jalapeño
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
The Rest of the Tacos
- 4-5 Taco Shells
- Microgreens optional
- Any other toppings you'd like!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut your cauliflower into bite-sized florets. In a bowl, toss the florets with a drizzle of neutral vegetable oil, salt, and spices, until cauliflower is evenly coated.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roasted cauliflower in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until tender but slightly browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the pico. First, cut the jalapeño in half and remove the ribs and seeds. Then, dice the jalapeño, tomatoes, and red onion.
- Mix all of the pico ingredients in a bowl and let rest for at LEAST 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- When cauliflower is done, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Now, build your tacos - add on the cauliflower, spinach, pico, and any other toppings you'd like. (Guacamole or sour cream would be delicious!)
- Serve, and enjoy!
If you make these spicy vegan cauliflower tacos and post them on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)