Tangy, delicious Vegan Lemon Garlic Hummus.
It’s no secret that I love all things chickpea. I have buddha bowls, salads, wraps, and pizzas with chickpeas on Well and Full, and I certainly don’t intend to stop at that. But while I’ll always be devoted to chickpeas in oven-roasted form, I love hummus almost as much. It’s actually kind of dangerous because I have been known to go through a tub of hummus in just a day. But nowadays I go the healthier route, and make my hummus at home. It’s infinitely more delicious this way, and only takes a few minutes to throw together in the food processor.
Knowing this, I hope you can appreciate the herculean effort it took me to give up this hummus to my boyfriend. The best of what I make in the Well and Full test kitchen, he gets to take in to work for lunch. So it was longingly that I stared at the hummus as I packed it into the glass bowls with spinach, carrots, and roasted chickpeas. But it makes me happy knowing that my guy has a healthy and nutritious lunch on the way!
Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 1 15 oz Can of Chickpeas
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Tbs Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- Lots of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric optional, for color
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Start with 2 Tbs lemon juice - you can always add more later.
- Blend everything in the food processor on high until hummus is smooth and fluffy - it might take a minute or two. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary. I added a little extra black pepper. Also, feel free to add the additional 1 Tbs of lemon juice if you want things to be nice and zingy.
- Serve hummus in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper on top. It's delicious with carrots or pita chips!
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)