This vegetarian pumpkin breakfast pizza is the perfect cozy and savory meal for fall! Made with simple, whole food ingredients.
This recipe was brought to you by Mezzetta! All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Well and Full running!
I’m kicking off the fall season with a delicious new recipe with Mezzetta! This is my first original recipe since taking a medical leave over the spring, and it feels so good to be back!
I had the most fun working on this post, because I got to do it with my mom! My mom is Italian, and I credit her with my love of all things pizza, pasta, and carbs. We both love pumpkin and we both love pizza, so I thought – why not combine the two?
How does Mezzetta make this pizza betta?
This Pumpkin Breakfast Pizza is made with Mezzetta’s Italian Plum Tomato Sauce. Growing up with Italian aunts, I am not easily impressed with store-bought sauce, but this delicate marinara by Mezzetta is one of the best sauces I’ve tried. It pairs beautifully with pumpkin purée, with just a bit of maple syrup to balance out the flavors. Because this recipe doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, using a well-rounded, delicious sauce is key!
Is this recipe easy to make?
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier! I used store-bought pizza dough and topped it with my pumpkin tomato sauce, then added on a bit of cheese and eggs to make things nice and breakfast-y. I topped the pizza with extra black pepper and kale, which really took it to the next level! If you’re vegan, this recipe can easily be made without the eggs, and with vegan cheese! And if you’re gluten-free, I recommend trying this recipe with my gluten-free pizza crust. Also, the pumpkin tomato sauce is naturally vegan, so you could use it on pasta too!
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and use the hashtag #Mezzetta and #MezzettaMakesItBetta!
Vegetarian Pumpkin Breakfast Pizza
- 3/4 Cup Mezzetta Italian Plum Tomato Marinara
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Sage
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Salt or more to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Lb Pizza Dough rolled out thinly
- 3-4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Shredded White Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Chopped Kale for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Black Pepper optional
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. For a crispier crust, add in your pizza stone or pan to the oven while it's heating up so that the pan is hot when you're ready to bake.
- While oven is preheating, prep the sauce. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and taste to adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Then, roll out your pizza dough as thin as you can, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Place the dough on the pan, then add ONLY the sauce to the pizza. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the dough from the oven and add on the cheese. Using a spoon, create 3-4 reservoirs in the cheese for the eggs to go in. Then, crack the eggs into the spaces you made, and top with a bit of black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Bake the pizza again for about 10-12 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Top the pizza with fresh chopped kale or sage as a garnish, or add on whatever garnishes you like!
- To make this pizza vegan, omit the eggs and cheese and add on your fave vegan cheese.
- To make this pizza gluten-free, try my gluten-free pizza crust!
- I recommend using Mezzetta's Italian plum tomato marinara for the best taste.
For more vegan and vegetarian recipes and meal inspiration, be sure to follow along on Instagram @wellandfull! If you make a recipe, please tag me in the photo and use the hashtag #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your creations!