This Blueberry Violet Lemonade is the perfect refreshing botanical drink! Made with fresh lemons, maple syrup, and a touch of honey.
Hey everyone! I know it’s weird to see me here on a Tuesday (if you keep track of these things, ha!), but I wanted to try out this posting schedule to see if it frees up more time for me to work on recipes. I work and shoot on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work part-time for my dad, helping him manage his real estate holdings and finances. But I have the mornings free, so it’s the perfect time to post! Then Sundays are my day off, woohoo!
This year, I’ve been so inspired by my gardens and the local produce here in my town in Connecticut. I’ve grown a bunch of edible flowers – pansies, violets, nasturtiums – and it’s been so much fun to make recipes with them. My Flower Garden Salad was a joy to create, and this recipe here is the perfect drink to go with it!
I originally made this recipe for my friend Kate, who came to visit me this past weekend. A lot of you may not know this about me, but even though I have a friendly personality, I am introverted to the extreme. I’m a little bit awkward in real life and unfortunately I deal with some social anxiety. In fact, even though my fiancé and I moved into our house in February, Kate was the first friend I invited over (yes really!).
Even though I don’t have a ton of friends, the ones I do have are so treasured to me. Kate and I have a lot of great things in common that we can talk about. In particular, Kate is an amazingly talented artist who also runs her own business. We have such great conversations about art, our businesses, relationships, our Christian faith, and so many other topics. I really value her in my life, and one of the ways I show that I care about someone is cooking for them! So this Blueberry Violet Lemonade was perfect for the occasion :)
Blueberry Violet Lemonade
- 6 Cups Water
- Juice from 3 Lemons about 3/4 cup
- 1/3 Cup Light Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 8 Violet Flowers plus a little bit of the stem
- 1 Medium-Sized Spearmint Leaf
- 8 Blueberries
- First, harvest your violet flowers. Include the entire flower, plus a little bit of the stem.
- Then, juice your lemons. You should have about 3/4 cup of lemon juice at the end.
- Combine all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend on high for about 45 seconds, or until the blueberries are pulverized.
- Pour the lemonade through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag, to remove any blueberry or flower pieces.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary. This lemonade is on the tart side, so feel free to add more honey or maple syrup if you'd like.
- Serve lemonade chilled.
If you make this Blueberry Violet Lemonade and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)