These Ghee-Roasted Radishes are the perfect spring dish! Radishes become sweet when roasted in the oven, and get a zingy taste from the lemon zest and black pepper!
I’m going to let you in on a secret – I don’t really like vegetables. Well, I used to not like vegetables. I know that may be kind of hard to believe, especially if you’ve noticed that I have a blog almost exclusively devoted to vegetables. The thing is, I would eat them begrudgingly, but when I wanted a comfort meal (or any meal that wasn’t part of a recipe test), I would go with pasta or other carb-heavy plates.
(I want to add an important caveat that I’ve always loved salads. That was my one vegetable exception!!)
But vegetable dishes are seriously growing on me. One favorite that I’ve been loving are cauliflower tacos – this recipe is beyond fabulous. I love cauliflower now that I know how to properly season and roast it. Roasting or grilling can make anything delicious. Which brings me to this recipe…
I had first heard about ghee a couple of years ago, but hadn’t tried it until recently. Ghee is clarified butter, which means the butter is melted until the milk solids float to the top, and then they’re removed, creating a soft butter that’s perfect for roasting. What I love about ghee is that it’s lactose free – making it friendly for lactose-intolerant folks.
I really hope you love this recipe! If you make it, let me know how it goes in the comments, or tag me on IG @wellandfull!
P.S. Yes I got married this past weekend! I posted a little photo on my Instagram stories, but I’ll have a full post up soon ;)
- 1 Lb Radishes washed
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Ghee
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice to finish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the stems off your radishes, then wash and dry them thoroughly.
- Cut the radishes in half, then toss with the ghee, olive oil, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the radishes on a sheet pan in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until radishes are fork-tender and slightly browned on the edges.
- When done, finish radishes with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.