This Immune-Boosting Smoothie is full of nutrients and antioxidants that will help keep your body healthy and nourished!
Disclaimer: I sincerely hope this goes without saying, but this smoothie will NOT make you immune from any disease, including the flu, COVID-19, or a cold. This is called an immune-boosting smoothie because it contains ingredients that have vitamins that studies have shown help the immune system do its job.
Hello! I am finally back with a new recipe after approximately 6,237 years on hiatus ;)
Right now I am in a period of immense transition in my life. I won’t be able to post as regularly as I have in the past, because I am devoting more attention to other areas in my life at the moment. But don’t worry, I’ll still be back here and there with a great recipe to share!
In February of this year I was diagnosed with a serious autoimmune disease that completely turned my world upside down. I’m still processing the diagnosis, what happened leading up to it, and fallout I had in my personal life, and how I’m going to manage going forward. I’m not ready to share more details about it right now, but I did want to tell you that this is why I haven’t been posting.
While I was getting the initial treatment for this disease, it was very important that I supplement nutritionally for two main reasons – one, to help my body heal; and two, to boost my immune system during this current pandemic. (Anyone with an autoimmune disease is immunocompromised, meaning if they get an infection or virus like the coronavirus, it will be harder for their immune system to fight off the pathogen.)
I thought now would be a great time to share with you this smoothie recipe du jour. It’s a veritable cocktail of nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and vitamins. I know a lot of places are sold out of Vitamin C supplements, but you can also get a great therapeutic dose of Vitamin C through many fruits and vegetables. Plus, this smoothie is very tasty and drinkable, which is important ;)
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Mixed Frozen Berries strawberries, blueberries, etc.
- 1 Small Handful Kale
- Juice from 1 Orange
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- Almond Milk or Aloe Juice if needed
- Combine all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until totally smooth and creamy. Add small increments of almond milk if needed to blend.
- I definitely recommend keeping the squeeze of lemon, as it adds a little bit of zing and tartness!
- Another variation of this I have been making at home includes aloe juice instead of the almond milk. However, aloe can be harder to find (I get mine at Trader Joe's), so feel free to keep the almond milk.
If you make this Immune-Boosting Smoothie, be sure to tag me on Instagram @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)