This Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup is the perfect plant-based meal for a chilly fall night!
Another pumpkin recipe for you today! I love this creamy vegan pumpkin soup because it’s super pumpkin-y and perfect for fall. Plus, this recipe is super quick to throw together – I love when there’s a huge flavor payout for very little effort!
Even though my kitchen is still on the fritz, I’ve been posting twice a week to get everything out before a big project I’m hoping to complete in November. I’ve been really trying to step it up and deliver better recipes and content to you on the blog and on Instagram. I’ve gotten great feedback on IG especially – people have said that they love seeing the daily meal inspiration and buddha bowls that I eat. I love sharing those bowls because they’re my favorite type of food, and I hope they can inspire someone to try a plant-based meal themselves!
I’ve been so busy working on blog content that I feel like fall is racing by. I was just saying to my boyfriend that I was hoping to get one last camping trip in before it gets too cold, but it seems like I woke up one day and it was the middle of October and 40 degrees out LOL! Still, I am looking forward to the upcoming holiday season. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and I hope this is going to be a great one! :)
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 1/2 White Onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- Neutral Oil for Sautéing
- 2 15 oz Cans Pumpkin Purée
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Coconut Milk
- Fresh Parsley
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Bring a little neutral oil (like avocado oil) to medium heat in a pot. Add in the onions and sauté until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Then add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Take the onions and garlic off the heat and let cool slightly. Once cooled, add to a blender with all the other ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot, and simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- To serve, add to bowls and swirl in a little coconut milk (if desired). Top with fresh parsley and pumpkin seeds.
If you make this creamy vegan pumpkin soup and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)