I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas!! Have you finished all your holiday shopping yet? I still have a few people I need to buy for, and I’m starting to get a little stressed about the time crunch. Since I started working on Well and Full full-time, I’ve been super busy instagramming, responding to emails, thinking up new recipes, and developing them, and I’ve been getting seriously behind on other life stuff. I don’t know how other bloggers do it! Tieghan of Half Baked Harvest comes to mind – she posts a new recipe every day (!!) and they’re all GORGEOUS. But I don’t know how she does it! Over here I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. (I kid, of course.)
So here’s a recipe in the spirit of “Holiday Busyness”… raw vegan marzipan cookies. They take about 10 minutes to throw together in the food processor, and they can be served immediately if you like (or can be dehydrated for a bit of a firmer cookie). And, in true Well and Full spirit, they’re HEALTHY! But thanks to the pure almond extract, they taste exactly like traditional marzipan. So if you’re hosting a party, and your dog accidentally eats half of the cake you made (this may or may not have happened to me), MAKE THESE COOKIES. I hope you love them as much as I do! 🙂
- ½ Cup Almonds
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Pitted Dates
- 2 Tbs Raw Coconut Oil (solid)
- 1 Tbs Coconut Nectar (sub maple syrup)
- ½ Tsp Natural Almond Extract
- In a food processor, combine almonds and oats. Process on high until a meal is formed (this may take a minute or two).
- Once the desired consistency is reached, add in the dates, coconut oil, coconut nectar, and almond extract. Blend on high until a doughy mixture forms - the dates should be finely chopped up.
- When done, form the dough into little balls. You can serve them as is, or flatten them into little cookies.
- If desired, dehydrate the cookies in your oven at its lowest temperature for 1-2 hours. Note, if your oven goes higher than 115 degrees, prop the door open with some rolled-up tin foil so some of the heat can escape.
Song of the Day:
Let’s Dance – David Bowie
(because why not)