I have one thing to say to you-
THINGS WILL GET BETTER.
Raw Mocha Caramel Slice
- 1 Cup Raw Buckwheat Groats
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Dates pitted
- 2 Tbs Raw Agave
- 1 Cup Dates pitted, covered in warm water
- 1 Cup Dates pitted, set aside
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Raw Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 Cup Raw Agave
- 3 Tbs Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Tbs Espresso Powder
- Add buckwheat and walnuts to the food processor and process until a semi-fine meal is formed.
- Then, add in dates and agave, and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- In a small pan lined with parchment paper (I used a bread loaf pan), press crust down evenly.
- Add dates to your 1-cup measuring cup, and cover them with warm water until just covered. Pour the whole thing into the food processor.
- Add the second cup of dates to the food processor. Do not cover these with water!
- Then, add in the vanilla extract and process until a smooth caramel is formed.
- Pour caramel into pan over the crust and smooth into an even layer.
- In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil, agave, cacao and espresso powder. Pour mocha layer into the pan over the caramel layer.
Putting it All Together
- Put mocha caramel slices into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Cut into slices and serve. Note - the caramel doesn't harden entirely, so use your sharpest knife to cut them (just be careful!).
- Mocha caramel slices can be kept in the refrigerator for one week.
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)