This healthy, vegan Halloween Pasta Salad is made with festive pasta, spooky carrots, and a tangy vinaigrette! Perfect for kids or adults!
You’ve heard me talk about this on the blog before, but fall is my #1 favorite season. In the late summer when it’s still hot and muggy, the first cold day of fall feels like such a relief. I don’t know, I actually get kind of panicked when I’m still baking in my car by early October. Then, when the gloomy, chilly days hit, I feel like a whole new person.
My husband was just talking to me last night, saying the same thing. We both treasure the fall weather when we can take Ivy for long hikes in the woods. Ivy loves racing down the trails and chasing falling leaves! Jon also gets nostalgic during this time of year, because it makes him think of his days in high school and college playing football.
But I would be remiss if I didn’t give air time to one of the best things about fall – the food. I’m all about pumpkin everything, Thanksgiving flavors, and festive meals. This Halloween Pasta Salad is no exception! I found these super cute Halloween-colored pasta shapes at TJ Maxx, and knew I had to make a recipe with it. I’ve also been super into pasta salads lately because they are the perfect work and school-friendly packable meal. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! :)
For more Halloween fun, try this cranberry apple Witch’s Brew Smoothie!
Halloween Pasta Salad
- 1 Lb Halloween Pasta
- 1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Rainbow Carrots sliced into rounds
- 1 Cup Spinach chopped
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Brown Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Sage
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Begin by cooking your pasta in SALTED water, until al dente. When done, drain and set aside.
- Prep your veggies - chop the onion, carrot, and spinach.
- Make the dressing - mix all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk until incorporated. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary. If the flavor feels flat, try adding a bit more salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, veggies, and dressing.
- If you won't be serving the pasta salad for a while, store the salad and dressing separately. Dress the salad around 30 minutes before serving for ideal flavor. Serve at room temperature.
- For a vegetarian spin, feel free to add some crumbled feta or bleu cheese.
- Also feel free to sub in any veggies you like. Other delicious additions would include roasted butternut squash, green beans, or cabbage. You can also add in salted nuts or seeds for an elevated crunch.
- The salad should keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
For more vegan and vegetarian recipes and meal inspiration, be sure to follow along on Instagram @wellandfull! If you make this Halloween Pasta Salad, please tag me in the photo and use the hashtag #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your creations!