These Sesame Noodles are the perfect easy, vegan packable lunch or dinner! Made with fresh vegetables and a tangy + creamy sesame sauce.
Hello friends! Today I’m here to share this game-changing recipe that I’ve been making on repeat in my own kitchen. Working on an ambulance, I need quick and healthy recipes that I can take with me on the go. I’ve been leaning heavily into my arsenal of vegan recipes, which keep for longer in my lunch box. Let me tell you, after a long morning of getting patients to the hospital, I crave these noodles for lunch! They’re also the perfect dinner to pull out of the fridge after a 14-hour day.
Are these sesame noodles vegan?
You bet! Made from 100% plant-based ingredients! The absence of dairy makes these noodles ideal for on-the-go eating.
How To Make Sesame Noodles
This recipe couldn’t be easier, and it’s done in three parts – cooking the noodles, prepping the veg, and making the sesame sauce. The sauce is probably the best part of the recipe (IMHO). It’s made with creamy tahini, umami soy sauce, tangy lime and a hint of spicy sriracha. I would also recommend the sauce drizzled over steamed vegetables, or mixed into your favorite ramen recipe!
Are these noodles best eaten cold?
I definitely recommend eating these sesame noodles cold or at room temperature. They’re tasty when heated up, but I find the flavors shine a bit more at a lower temperature. And this recipe is also great because it tastes better the longer it sits!
- 1 Lb Whole Wheat Spaghetti or other Noodles
- 1 Green Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Matchstick or Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Cooked Edamame
- 1 Cup Broccoli or Cabbage Slaw
- 3 Bunches Scallions / Green Onions finely chopped
- Cilantro finely chopped, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- Juice from 1 Fresh Lime
- Black Pepper and Salt to Taste
- 2-3 Tbs Sesame Seeds
- To start, bring a large pot of SALTED water to boil.
- While water is heating up, prep your veggies as noted in ingredients.
- Cook your noodles or pasta of choice until al dente (go by the box's directions).
- While noodles are cooking, make the sauce. Combine everything into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, add noodles and mix with the sauce. Then, mix in the veggies until everything is evenly coated.
- Top with sesame seeds or extra scallions, if you'd like.
- You can buy pre-made broccoli or cabbage store at the supermarket!
- The cilantro is optional but highly recommended :)
- These noodles keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days. They're best served cold or at room temperature!
For more vegan and vegetarian recipes and meal inspiration, be sure to follow along on Instagram @wellandfull! If you make a recipe, please tag me in the photo and use the hashtag #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your creations!