This post is sponsored by One Degree Organics, a brand I’ve been working with for over a year.
All opinions are my own, and I stand by their products 100%.
This post is dedicated to my boyfriend.
I hate to be that girl, but I really would like to share what’s in my life. I’ve been watching The Bachelorette this season (which I’ve never done before), and it’s been eye opening to see what other relationships are like. And yes, I know that The Bachelorette is hardly a gauge of real-life relationships. But still, it’s telling. Something they always talk about is how hard it is to share their feelings. And watching this has really made me step back and think about how grateful I am to be in a relationship where sharing is second nature. I’m so so lucky to have someone by my side who is open, loyal, honest, and caring. Jon, this one’s for you.
I made this recipe special for him because 1. He loves sweet treats, and 2. He loves cereal. You have never seen a guy eat cereal like this before! It’s probably his favorite food. So when I got my package of cereal from One Degree Organics, I had to go out of my way to ask him not to eat it all! ;) But I also knew that this brittle would be the perfect way to enjoy this cereal (other than a cold glass of almond milk, my personal fave).
This recipe is a little unorthodox, but hear me out. I know brittle is usually made with nuts, but why not cereal? It’s like having breakfast for dessert! What you do is heat the maple syrup, coconut oil, and spices together in a saucepan. Once it’s hot, you mix it with the cereal then bake it in the oven till it’s hard like candy. The sprouted corn flakes are perfect for this recipe – they have the perfect shape to create a crunchy brittle. And what I also love about these corn flakes is that you can track the origins of each and every package on the One Degree Organics website using the code on the box. Seriously, you can see the product’s whole journey from corn to flake! It’s pretty rad, if I do say so myself!
Thank you to One Degree Organics for providing the sprouted corn flakes for this recipe, and for being all-around awesome. And thank you to my boyfriend, who is better than I ever dreamed a guy could be :) Sending out much love to you all today!
Maple Syrup Cereal Brittle Parfaits
- 2 Cups Corn Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Vegan Yogurt
- Raspberries or other fruit
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and prep a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (NOT aluminum foil).
- In a small saucepot, add in maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Once it's boiling, stir for 30-60 seconds, then remove from heat.
- CAREFULLY pour the mixture into a bowl with the corn flakes, and stir until evenly coated.
- Immediately transfer corn flake mixture to the baking sheet, flattening it until it's flat but the corn flakes are still touching.
- Bake corn flakes in the oven for 40-50 minutes, checking often at the end to prevent too much browning. The final result should be just a bit toasty.
- Let brittle COOL COMPLETELY before serving.
- Crack up the brittle using your hands until it's into bite-sized pieces. Add brittle to a glass with vegan yogurt, raspberries, and any other fruits you like.