This is my signature vegan Well and Full bowl that I often post on Instagram – made with pasta, chickpeas, and lots of greens!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I thought it would be perfectly fitting to have my first recipe of the New Year be my signature Well and Full Bowl, of which I’ve posted dozens of photos on Instagram, but never given the recipe for! I honestly don’t know what took me so long, I would get messages all the time asking for the recipe (rolls eyes at self). But better late than never, that’s what I say!
For this post, I had planned to talk about some things I had learned in 2019. I went through some pretty intense challenges over the past few years – in romantic relationships, family relationships, friend relationships, medical issues, etc. – and was frustrated because I hadn’t felt like I had grown from the struggles. But even though it took me a little bit of time, I do feel now that I’ve learned and grown SO much from my trials.
However, I think I want to spend a little more time reflecting before I share any lessons I’ve learned. Reflection itself actually is one of the lessons I’ve learned. There is nothing to be lost and everything to be gained by reflecting, thinking introspectively, and meditating.
So for today, I’ll just leave you with this delicious bowl. I make this Well and Full Bowl at least 2-3 times a week, because it’s just that good! I also love eating salad bowls like this because they don’t leave me in a food coma afterward – they keep me feeling light and energetic to continue on with my day. I hope you love this recipe!
For more healthy vegan recipes for the New Year (or your #Veganuary goals), check out this post of my Top 10 Veganuary Recipes!
The Well and Full Bowl
- 1 15-oz Can Chickpeas
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 4 oz Pasta dry
- 2 Tbs Vegan Chipotle Mayo
- 1 Tbs Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
The Rest of the Bowl - Mix and Match
- Mixed Greens i.e. spinach, kale, mesclun, etc.
- Chopped Red Onion
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Shredded Cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry your can of chickpeas. Discard any loose skins.
- In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with the oil, salt, and spices. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake chickpeas in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- While chickpeas are cooking, make the pasta. Cook the pasta in boiling SALTED water until al dente. When done, drain.
- Then, toss the pasta with the oil, mayo, salt, and spices.
- Assemble your bowls - add on a layer of mixed greens, then add as much pasta, chickpeas, and veggies as you'd like. Top with any nuts or seeds that you like, i.e. pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
- This salad is meant to be totally mix-and-match and customizable. Please feel free to use any spices you like for the chickpeas, or a different sauce for the pasta (like vegan ranch, tahini, etc.)
- If you don't have vegan chipotle mayo, toss the pasta with the same amount of plain vegan mayo with a sprinkling of chipotle powder.
If you make this Well and Full Bowl and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)