I’ll be totally honest, my mind’s not 100% here right now. I’m singing with my friend’s band tomorrow night and I’m SUPER nervous. I haven’t performed in front of a large crowd since high school, when I was the lead in the school musical. This is the most adventurous thing I’ve done since I got sick last year, and it feels like a big step. It IS a big step, and I’ve got the nerves to prove it! So today’s post will be very short and sweet.
This recipe for Ayurvedic Granola is one that I’ve had in my back pocket for a little while. I love granola, and I love warming spices in the wintertime, so this was a mashup made in holistic heaven. Ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and cardamom give this granola an almost chai-like flavor, and are consistent to Ayurvedic cooking. Banyan Botanicals has a great resource on this.
I hope you love this granola!
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Pepitas
- 2/3 Cup Pecans chopped
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flakes not shredded
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 Tsp Cardamom
- 1/8 Tsp Ginger Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In another, smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and spices).
- Once oven is preheated, fold wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread granola out into the thinnest layer possible (some overlap is okay).
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes, checking often to prevent burning.
- Just after being taken out of the oven, granola will still be slightly soft. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Serve with your favorite plant milk or vegan yogurt, and enjoy!
Quote of the Day:
Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
– Chinese Proverb
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)