This is a recipe I’ve been sitting on for over 6 months (!) but haven’t posted until now because, like a huge doofus, I lost the recipe before I could write it here. And actually, thinking about it now, I can’t even remember where I found my notebook the other day! It was probably buried amongst my three million cookbooks / recipe printouts from online. I have this habit of printing out all the recipes I like from other bloggers, and I have a few big binders full of them.
There are two types of people in the world – people who like clumpy granola, and people who like loose granola. I’m sorry loose granola-ers, but this post is not for you. This granola recipe is the ultimate grain-free, clumpy granola recipe – it bakes in one huge clump, so you could (in theory) just eat this one baking-sheet sized clump of granola. Perfect!
Perfectly Clumpy Vegan Granola w/ Sprouted Quinoa (Grain-Free)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sprouted Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Sunflower Seeds
- 2/3 Cup Pepitas
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil melted
- 5 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Honey or more maple syrup
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbs Water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients - sprouted quinoa, sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, coconut, and flaxseed. Mix until evenly combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients - coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla water, and spices - until evenly combined.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until everything is evenly coated.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread out granola so it is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes WITHOUT stirring. This will ensure the granola bakes in one huge clump.
- Once the granola is done and slightly cooled, break up granola into clumps. I liked mine served with coconut yogurt and berries, but the granola is delicious on its own as a snack!
Quote of the Day:
Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
– Mahatma Gandhi
If you make this recipe and post it on Instagram, be sure to tag me @wellandfull and #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your takes on my recipes :)