This Spicy Vegan Salad Dressing is so good, you’ll want to put it on everything! Also perfect as a dip for fries or veggie nuggets!
It’s officially summer, which means all the fruits and veggies, refreshing meals, and tasty salads! A few weeks ago, I visited my cousin in Florida, and met a bunch of her friends. Her BFF Anna teased me about ordering salad at every restaurant we went to. I asked her why she didn’t like salads, and she told me she found them kind of bland and boring. I said to her, “That means you haven’t had the right type of salad!”!
Over here on this corner of the internet, we’re all about hearty salads and bowls. My signature recipe, The Well and Full Bowl, has spicy chickpeas and pasta salad to create a filling meal. Adding beans, pasta, or other proteins like tofu to a salad can really take it to the next level! However, I do contend that a salad is only as good as its dressing. The dressing really ties together the whole thing, and can make or break the salad.
This spicy vegan salad dressing is based off of one of my earliest recipes, these cabbage tacos. The combination of savory garlic, chipotle peppers, and tangy lemon juice is bomb, if I do say so myself. It’s perfect on salads, but also amazing as a dip for raw veg, fries, or pizza. I’ll give you a list of ideas below!
Recipes to pair this Spicy Vegan Salad Dressing with:
Spicy Vegan Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Cashews soaked overnight
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce
- 1 Tbs Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Juice from 1/4 Lemon
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- If you weren't able to soak your cashews overnight, start by boiling them for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired. Feel free to add more salt or more adobo sauce if that's your thing.
- Serve with your fave salad bowls, veggie nuggets, fries, or drizzled over grilled corn (so good)!
- Cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in most grocery stores in the aisle with salsas, tortillas, and Goya products.
- To make this into a queso-y thing (that would be PERFECT for chili cheese fries), add in 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and a pinch of cumin.
- Dressing will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
For more vegan and vegetarian recipes and meal inspiration, be sure to follow along on Instagram @wellandfull! If you make a recipe, please tag me in the photo and use the hashtag #wellandfull so I can see! I love seeing your creations!
Give me a show of hands if this is your favorite season I have to say, summer is… - The most used Recipes strategies for newbie house cook | veganrecipesbook.comFebruary 4, 2022 at 1:31 pm
[…] Spicy Vegan Salad Dressing […]