So I’m kind of hosting a little mini-event here at Well + Full…. it’s #NUTBUTTERWEEK!! This week, I’m going to be sharing three nut butters that are the perfect gifts to give this holiday season (if you can stand to give them away!!). I love making my friends homemade gifts – jams, cookie mixes, nut butters – because it’s something you can make with love. That, and cookbooks. I love giving my friends cookbooks!!
Right now I’m working on finishing up the Well + Full Holiday Gift Guide, something I’ve been working on for a few months! This is going to be the ultimate curated roundup of foodie-oriented gifts for every single person in your life. I’m including my favorite cookbooks, kitchen essentials, foodie brands, and charities that I personally know / use / love and endorse. Plus, I’ll be offering a GIVEAWAY to my readers just because I love you all so much!! I can’t wait!! 🙂
- 2 Cups Raw Walnuts
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ Tsp Allspice
- ⅛ Tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cloves
- ¼ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup, or more to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 10 minutes. (Note - if you toast the walnuts longer, the bioavailability of the nutrients in them will decrease.)
- Once nuts are done toasting, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Now, add the nuts, salt, and, spices, and vanilla (NOT the maple syrup) to your food processor. Process continually for 8 -10 minutes, until a creamy nut butter is formed. Note, you may have to pause and scrape down the sides of the food processor many times. Also note that the time it takes to make a creamy nut butter will depend on the size and power of your food processor.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, add the maple syrup and process until it's fully incorporated into the nut butter. Taste, and adjust sweetness if necessary.
- When done, scoop your nut butter into a (preferably glass) container - it will fit perfectly into a half pint mason jar - and enjoy!
Quote of the Day:
Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
– From “O Holy Night”