Hello everyone! May the Fourth be with you!! 😉
I just couldn’t resist the opportunity to say that!! It may be May, but over here in Connecticut it’s still rainy and gloomy. I swear, it felt more like spring in February than it does now. But at least my herbs and plants in my garden are enjoying the rain, they seem to have really taken root and are thriving. Of course, I’m sure they’ll grow even more once there’s more sun. But even my little seedlings are starting to sprout!! Maybe I’ll be a great gardener after all!
Despite the un-springlike weather, I wanted to post this amazing, spring-y recipe today. This recipe will definitely go down as one of my favorites – I just love lemony, garlicky asparagus paired with an herby pasta. I love mixing vegetables and carbs together because you get that boost of nutrients from eating veggies, and the energy and satisfaction of eating carbs. It’s a win-win! Especially when it’s so delicious. I promise, you guys are gonna love this pasta. And it’s so easy to make – just cook the pasta, add the chopped garlic and herbs, and you’re all set!
- 2 Handfuls Asparagus (about 12 oz.)
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, sliced (with the ends reserved)
- About ¼ Tsp Salt, or more to taste
- About ¼ Tsp Pepper, or more to taste
- 12 oz. Gluten-Free Pasta (I used rotini pasta)
- 4 Small Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Salt, or more to taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- ½ Tsp Dried Thyme
- ¼ Tsp Dried Oregano
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and trim ends off asparagus.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil, place asparagus down in neat-ish rows (see pictures for reference). Sprinkle the minced garlic evenly on the asparagus, and mix around a bit with a spoon or fork. Squeeze the ends of the lemon over the asparagus, and lay down the slices on top of the asparagus.
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper. I used about a ¼ tsp of each, but you can add as much or as little as you like.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. When done, let cool and set aside.
- While the asparagus is cooking, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When done, drain and place pasta back in pot.
- Add in olive oil (between 2-4 tbsp, as much as you like), minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried herbs, and lemon juice. Mix until evenly combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve pasta in bowls with asparagus.