My birthday has come and gone. It feels weird being 24… I’m still fairly young, but old enough to the point where I feel like I should have more figured out in my life. Things right now are still pretty much up in the air. I’m job hunting, for one, and I’ve had some events with my relationships that I don’t wish to open up about quite yet. And all around me, I see the kids (I still call them kids) who I went to college/high school with getting engaged and married. It just seems crazy!! Some days I still feel like I’m 16, begging my parents to let me get my license.
If this is how I feel when I’m 24, I can’t imagine how I’ll feel when I’m 30, or even 40. I remember when I was a teenager, it was so easy to feel like those adult years were so far away. But now that they’re here, I feel like the passage of time has sped up exponentially. Does anybody else feel this way??
Oh well. I suppose there’s nothing we can do but enjoy the time we have, no matter how many years we have behind us. And enjoying life definitely includes eating this raw snickers slice. When I made this for my friends, they couldn’t believe it was actually made with healthy ingredients. But it’s 100% natural – buckwheat, coconut oil, organic peanut butter, peanuts, cacao, etc. In my humble opinion, it tastes way better than a traditional snickers, and doesn’t contain any weird ingredients, either. I hope you all love it!
- In the food processor, process buckwheat groats until a chunky meal is formed. It's okay if some of the groats are still whole.
- Then, add in dates and agave, and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- Press down biscuit layer into a parchment paper-lined pan (I used a bread loaf pan), then set aside.
- Place ½ cup of peanuts on top of the biscuit layer, spacing them out as evenly as possible.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter and melted coconut oil. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour peanut butter over peanut layer, then set pan into the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and cacao powder. When smooth and creamy, pour over peanut butter layer.
- Set raw snickers slice in the refrigerator for about a half hour to set. When set, cut into slices and serve.