cakes + cookies + sweets/ raw/ recipes

Raw Snickers Slice

Raw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipe

My birthday has come and gone. It feels weird being 24… I’m still fairlyΒ young, but old enough to the point where I feel like I should have more figured out in my life. Things right now are still pretty much up in the air. I’m job hunting, for one, and I’ve had some events with my relationships that I don’t wish to open up about quite yet. And all around me, I see the kids (I still call them kids) who I went to college/high school with getting engaged and married. It just seems crazy!! Some days I still feel like I’m 16, begging my parents to let me get my license.

If this is how I feel when I’m 24, I can’t imagine how I’ll feel when I’m 30, or even 40. I remember when I was a teenager, it was so easy to feel like those adult years were so far away. But now that they’re here, I feel like the passage of time has sped up exponentially. Does anybody else feel this way??

Oh well. I suppose there’s nothing weΒ can do but enjoy the time we have, no matter how many years we have behind us. And enjoying life definitely includes eating this raw snickers slice. When I made this for my friends, they couldn’t believe it was actually made with healthy ingredients. But it’s 100% natural – buckwheat, coconut oil, organic peanut butter, peanuts, cacao, etc. In my humble opinion, it tastes way better than a traditional snickers, and doesn’t contain any weird ingredients, either. I hope you all love it!

Raw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipe
Raw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipeRaw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipeRaw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipeRaw Snickers Slice | Well and Full | #vegan #recipe

5.0 from 2 reviews
Raw Snickers Slice

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

You won't believe that this raw snickers slice is made with healthy, good-for-you ingredients - it's incredibly decadent and delicious!
Biscuit Layer
Peanut Butter Layer
Chocolate Layer
Biscuit Layer
  1. In the food processor, process buckwheat groats until a chunky meal is formed. It's okay if some of the groats are still whole.
  2. Then, add in dates and agave, and process until a sticky dough is formed.
  3. Press down biscuit layer into a parchment paper-lined pan (I used a bread loaf pan), then set aside.
Peanut Butter Layer
  1. Place ½ cup of peanuts on top of the biscuit layer, spacing them out as evenly as possible.
  2. In a bowl, combine peanut butter and melted coconut oil. Mix until smooth and creamy.
  3. Pour peanut butter over peanut layer, then set pan into the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
Chocolate Layer
  1. In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and cacao powder. When smooth and creamy, pour over peanut butter layer.
Putting It All Together
  1. Set raw snickers slice in the refrigerator for about a half hour to set. When set, cut into slices and serve.
  2. Enjoy!

spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on YummlyShare on RedditPrint this pageTweet about this on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on FacebookEmail this to someone

Meredith Youngson
    September 28, 2016 at 12:24 pm

I LOVE how simple this is -yet exciting the final product πŸ™‚ Always lookin for more ways to use buckwheat…and peantbutter for that matter. Happy birthday BTW.

September 28, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Thank you Meredith!! πŸ˜€

valentina | sweet kabocha
    September 28, 2016 at 3:49 pm

A gorgeous way to celebrate!
    Btw, you’re 24 kiddo. I’m 28, I can’t work in the country I live, I’m not married, I can’t even adopt a dog because “if we have to go back to Europe”. Luckily, I often feel 16 too most of the time πŸ˜‰

September 28, 2016 at 8:03 pm

It’s universal, isn’t it? Not feeling your age? πŸ˜‰ I hope you can adopt a dog eventually though, it’s such a rewarding experience! <3 Sending hugs, Valentina πŸ™‚

Jessie Snyder
    September 28, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Happy belated birthday sweet Sarah! And in my opinion – I’d say don’t feel like you have to have anything “together”, ever, for the rest of your life ;). I’m 27 now and Scott and I are still wondering when we are going to “grow up” and I like to think the answer is never <3. Everything that should come will come in good time, and not a moment sooner. Learning that the hard way myself now too πŸ˜‰ words are so much easier to type than they are to live! Here's to us both being optimistic and patient this week – lots of hugs friend!

September 28, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I like your answer! I don’t think I ever want to grow up either πŸ˜‰ Hope you have a wonderful week, friend. Sending hugs <3

Katrina
    September 28, 2016 at 7:22 pm

These bars look unreal! So indulgent seeming and yet, buckwheat!!!

September 28, 2016 at 8:06 pm

They are pretty awesome, if I do say so myself πŸ˜‰ Thanks Katrina!!

Natalie | Feasting on Fruit
    September 29, 2016 at 10:07 am

I completely relate on the first part. Seeing high school friends get married and do all these adult things is a weird and awkward feeling. Everyone does their 20s differently I suppose, different priorities and goals. But I get you, it feels like getting left behind in a way. Anyways, I hope your b-day had some happy in it too! And I’m sure it had some sweet in it. For my next birthday I might just leave out the cake altogether and opt for these instead, they look amazing! Plus it’s been a while since something sweet from you, and I always love your dessert posts πŸ™‚

September 29, 2016 at 11:49 am

Thank you Natalie!! I did have a good birthday, my friend and I hosted a party together because our birthdays are a few days apart. I had a fabulous time and was so grateful for all the friends that came out to celebrate πŸ™‚

Maya | Spice + Sprout
    September 29, 2016 at 12:04 pm

These look amazing and so decadent! I’ve been experimenting with buckwheat lately and just loving it πŸ™‚ I feel you on the whole growing up thing. I am graduating university in a couple of months, and I feel so strange about it! Just gotta keep feelin’ young and alive and vibrant if I can! <3

September 30, 2016 at 8:58 am

Ugh I wish I was still in college!! Enjoy it while you’re there, Maya, it goes by so fast! <3 P.S. I think it's amazing that you have such a beautiful blog while being in school, I don't know if I would've been able to do both when I was in college! You rock, girl!!

Marla@marlasmuffins
    September 29, 2016 at 1:36 pm

I was married for my entire 20s and it was awful because I was still discovering myself. You’re right, just enjoy the moment you’re in:)) And I will to, by making this awesome recipe. Thank you!

September 30, 2016 at 9:02 am

I feel like so much self-discovery happens when you’re in your 20’s. I know for one that I’m still figuring myself out!! But it’s important to enjoy the moment you’re in, like you said πŸ™‚ Thanks Marla! <3

Aimee | Wallflower Kitchen
    September 30, 2016 at 8:12 am

Oh Sarah please don’t say that because I’m 27 and I DEFINITELY don’t have things figured out, at all. I had to move back in with my parents a few years ago and it’s been really hard trying to get to the point where I can afford to move out again. Meanwhile, all my school friends are getting married, settling down in their careers, having kids, buying houses etc. Honestly, I’ve no interest in getting a mortgage or getting married and having kids, nor do I wish to be back living in my old flat, working full time in a job I hate, struggling to pay the bills but it does make me feel like I’m way behind where I should be at this point in life. So I really get how you feel there. I’m sorry to hear about the relationship side of things and wishing you lot’s of luck with the job hunting!
    Anyway, thank goodness we can comfort ourselves with delicious treats such as these. Definitely one of your most drool-worthy recipes yet! And really wishing I had a slice or two in front of me right now…
    Hugs
    Aimee

September 30, 2016 at 9:07 am

Well to be honest Aimee, it makes me feel a lot better that you’ve felt similar things!! Comparing ourselves to others our age is such a dangerous thing to do. Everyone’s path is unique and there’s no right or wrong way to live in your 20’s. <--- But that's something I need to learn and really internalize. I'm actually going to send you a facebook message right now so we can talk more about this! Sending hugs, girl <3

Veronika
    October 2, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I can totally relate to that. I turned 22 last month but in my mind, I still feel 18. I’m bad at relationships, I’m looking for a job too because I got fired last week, and frankly, I have no idea what the future holds. Not trying to make you feel bad for me, just letting you know that you’re not alone. Btw love love love the photography!

October 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Thank you so much for your note, Veronika! I hope things look up for you soon <3 Sending big hugs!

Gabriella @ Putumayo Kitchen
    October 6, 2016 at 7:44 am

These look so delicious! I’ve been looking for a raw snickers recipe for a while so I’m definitely going to try this! I recently turned 24 too and I know exactly how you feel. Everyone I went to school with seems to be getting married, having babies or paying mortgages …. while i’m still figuring out my path! It’s easy to feel isolated but I just have to remind myself to stick to my passions and trust in the universe πŸ™‚ Hope you feel better soon, Gabriella

October 6, 2016 at 4:50 pm

You’re absolutely right, girl – you’ve just got to trust in the universe and hope it takes you where you need to go. <3 Sending good vibes and hugs πŸ™‚