HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!
No matter where you stand on Valentine’s Day (if you love it or hate it), I just want to let all of my readers know that I care about you!! You are all what makes Well and Full thrive, and I’m so grateful to be a part of this community. I’d love it if you could all be my valentines!
And because I care about you, I wanted to share this (purely coincidentally) pink-ish smoothie that’s really darn good for ya. It’s made with Camu Camu Powder, which is chock full of Vitamin C. Now that I’m studying Holistic Nutrition, I have a few fun facts to share with you about this amazing nutrient. Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is best known for boosting the immune system and helping prevent colds. But did you also know that:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant (and therefore fights free radicals in the body)
- People who are under stress have naturally depleted levels of Vitamin C, and should therefore consider upping their intake
- Studies have shown that people with higher levels of Vitamin C in their blood have a reduced risk of stroke
- The best food sources of Vitamin C are papayas, bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, and pineapple.
- Vitamin C is good for your heart, too!
- Just a 1/2 teaspoon of Camu Camu Powder contains over 400% of your recommended daily value of Vitamin C!
For Valentine’s Day, you may be making your significant other / your friends / yourself something special to eat. But if you want to protect your health, try making this Vitamin C smoothie too! It’s vegan, delicious, and good for you!
But, as always, be sure to consult your healthcare provider before starting any new nutritional supplement. I’m not a doctor – just a nutrition student!
Super Vitamin C Smoothie
- 1 Apple any kind will do, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Pineapple
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tsp Camu Camu Powder
- 1 Cup Almond Milk or any plant milk
- Water as needed
Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add water as needed.
Serve in glasses and enjoy!
Quote of the Day:
There’s a long life ahead of you and it’s going to be beautiful, as long as you keep loving and hugging each other.
– Yoko Ono